6 large fresh farm eggs
20 ounces pork sausages, 100% meat
12 slices back bacon, rind removed
6 cocktail sticks
1. Hard boil the eggs.
2. Cool and peel. Dry thoroughly.
3. Remove the sausage meat from the skins and divide into 6 equal
4. Form each piece into a circle large enough to wrap around the
5. Carefully wrap each egg making sure that there are no parts of the
eggs left uncovered.
6. Place in the fridge for about an hour to ‘set’.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
8. Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each egg and secure with a cocktail
stick. Place on a baking tray.
9. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until cooked and the bacon crisp.
10. Remove from the tray and drain any excess fat.
Nutritional Facts per Scotch egg:
Calories 480, Fat 35.8g, Carbohydrate
1.0g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Net Carbs 1.0g, Protein 36.2g