4 cups well flavored chicken broth
½ cup onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 large celery stalks, finely chopped
3 ounces carrot, finely grated
1 tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. powdered paprika
2 tsp. xanthan gum
2 tsp. chicken stock powder
12 ounces small cauliflower florets
2 tbsp. butter
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
Salt to taste
1. In a large sauce pan melt the butter.
2. Sauté the onion, onion, garlic, celery and carrot until translucent
3. Sprinkle over the black pepper, 2 tsp. parsley, paprika, xanthin
gum and stock powder.
4. Add the cauliflower and the broth to the sauce pan.
5. Bring to the boil.
6. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the sauce
pan with a lid.
7. Simmer for about 25 minutes until all of the vegetables are tender,
stirring from time to time.
8. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream, cooked chicken and
the rest of the parsley.
9. Replace on the heat and warm through carefully. Do not let the
10. Adjust the seasoning and add salt as required.
Nutritional Facts per portion:
Calories 282, Fat 20.6g, Carbohydrate
8.5g, Dietary Fiber 2.6g, Net Carbs 5.9g, Protein 16.9g.