1 pound fresh mushrooms, wiped and sliced
¼ cup onion, finely chopped
4 tbsp. butter
4 cups well flavored chicken broth
¼ cup dry white wine
8 ounces crab meat
½ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and the
mushrooms until soft.
2. Remove some of the mushrooms to add to the soup at the end of
3. Add the chicken broth and the white wine to the onions and
4. Puree the mixture until smooth and then simmer for a few minutes
to allow for the flavors to blend.
5. Stir in the crab meat, the reserved mushrooms, cream and
6. Season to taste and serve in individual bowls.
Nutritional Facts per portion:
Calories 170, Fat 12.6g, Carbohydrate
4.9g, Dietary Fiber 0.9g, Net Carbs 4.0g, Protein 8.2g.