16 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 cups fennel bulb, sliced
2 cups leeks, sliced
2 pints heavy cream
4 cups rich, flavorful chicken stock (unsalted)
8 tbsp. unsalted butter
½ tsp. salt
6 ounces dry sherry
1. In a large saucepan melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Fry
gently until lightly browned.
2. Add the fennel and the leeks and cook the vegetables together
3. Remove from the pan. Add the sherry and scrape off all of the
vegetable pieces remaining at the bottom of the saucepan.
4. Set over a high heat and allow the alcohol in the sherry to burn
off. Add the cream and simmer together gently to reduce by about
5. Add the stock and the vegetables and heat through until piping
6. Puree the soup before serving in individual bowls.
Nutritional Facts per portion:
Calories 586, Fat 56.1g, Carbohydrate
11.1g, Dietary Fiber 1.4g, Net Carbs 9.7g, Protein 6.6g.