6 ounces tuna meat, tinned
6 ounces fresh shrimp, cleaned and cooked
2 tbsp. green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 tbsp. green onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp. celery stalk, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp. butter
1 large egg
¼ tsp. paprika
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 ounce cheddar cheese, grated
¼ cup pork rinds, crushed
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Mince about half of the shrimp and finely chop the rest.
2. In a skillet, sauté the celery, bell pepper and garlic in the butter
3. Combine the tuna meat, shrimp and vegetables in a bowl and mix
in the egg.
4. Stir in all of the seasoning, the cheese and the pork rinds.
5. Mix to a stiff paste and refrigerate for about an hour until firm.
6. Heat some vegetable oil in a skillet; make sure that there is
enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
7. Form the fish cakes into 8 small equal portions and flatten slightly.
8. Place in the hot oil and fry, turning gently to ensure that they are
brown on both sides.
9. Serve hot.
Nutritional Facts per portion:
Calories 215, Fat 11.3g, Carbohydrate
1.7g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Net Carbs 1.7g, Protein 27.7g.