4 large zucchinis, sliced thinly, lengthwise
2 cups cream cheese
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 ounces parmesan cheese
2 pounds ground beef
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 x 4 ounce can tomato paste
1 cup tomato pasta sauce
Salt, pepper, chili powder to season
Oil for greasing
1. Grease a 3 quart casserole dish with a little oil.
2. Lay the slices on a paper towel and sprinkle them with salt.
3. Turn the slices over and sprinkle the other side.
4. Cover with more paper towel to soak up the excess moisture.
5. Press down firmly and leave for about 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
7. Fry the beef with the garlic in a large skillet until brown and
cooked through, add seasoning, tomato paste and pasta sauce.
8. Mix well and cook together for a few minutes. Remove from the
heat and set aside.
9. Beat the eggs and mix in the cream cheese, seasoning and
parmesan cheese. Blend well.
10. Remove the paper towels from the zucchini when it has drained
and wipe off any remaining water.
11. Place a layer of the cream and cheese mixture at the bottom of
the casserole dish, top with some meat sauce and then a layer of
12. Repeat these layers at least 3 times until you run out of
13. Top the lasagne with the shredded mozzarella.
14. Place the dish in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
15. Place under a broiler to brown the top some more if you wish.
16. Remove from the heat and let the dish stand for about 15 minutes
Nutritional Facts per portion: Calories 383, Fat 24.1g, Carbohydrate
8.9g, Dietary Fiber 1.9g, Net Carbs 7.0g, Protein 33.6g.