½ cup olive oil
½ cup onion, chopped
16 ounces eggplant, cubed
1 large yellow bell pepper
8 ounces zucchini, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
12 ounces tomatoes, skinned and chopped
¼ cup vegetable broth
Few drops chili sauce
½ cup fresh basil, torn
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and fry the onion until it is sizzling.
2. Add the eggplant cubes and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle the onions and eggplant with salt.
4. Add the yellow pepper to the skillet and cook for a couple of
minutes. Finely add the zucchini and cook through.
5. Add the garlic at this stage followed by the tomatoes.
6. Stir well before adding the broth.
7. Your dish is ready when the tomatoes collapse and the eggplant is
8. Season to taste and add the hot sauce.
9. Toss in the torn basil and serve.
Nutritional Facts per portion: Calories 147, Fat 13.0g, Carbohydrate
8.3g, Dietary Fiber 3.4g, Net Carbs 4.9g, Protein 1.8g.