1 medium orange
¼ cup maple syrup
2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
¼ cup almond meal
2 Tbsp. raw sugar
1 ½ cup almond milk
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
cooking oil spray
Method ON NEXT
1. Cut orange in half and using a citrus juice extractor, squeeze out the juice.
Place the juice in a small saucepan, bring to the boil until reduced by half. Add
the maple syrup and cook further until thick or to your desired consistency. Set
2. Combine the self-raising flour, almond meal and raw sugar in a large bowl.
Make a well in the center. Add the almond milk, egg, and butter. Using a
wooden spoon, stir until just combined (do not over mix).
3. Lightly spray a medium sized non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Place over
4. Pour ¼ cup of pancake mixture into the pan and swirl to form round cakes.
Cook pancake for 2 minutes or until small bubbles start to appear on the surface.
Turn to cook the other side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked
through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining
batter, spraying pan with oil if necessary.
5. Divide pancakes on serving plates. Drizzle with orange-maple syrup.
6. Serve and enjoy.