1 c broccoli flowerets,(1″ long)
2 sm zucchini,trimmed quartered cut crosswise into 1″ pieces
4 asparagus spears,trimmed-cut into 1″
1/2 lb green beans,trimmed cut into 1″
3 T fresh minced oregano,(or dried)
1/2 lb fresh peas,shelled
3 T minced fresh thyme,(or dried)
6 T olive oil
2 c. mushrooms,thinly sliced
1/4 c. plus 2 T. fresh parsley minced
1/4 t dried red pepper,Crushed
2 t garlic,Minced
5 tomatoes medium firm ripe cut into 1 “cubes
1/4 c. fresh basil (or it. dried basil,Chopped mixed with 2 T. fresh parsley)
1 lb linguine (preferably fresh)
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese,Freshly Grated
salt and pepper,To Taste
1/4 c. pine nuts,Toasted
Vinaigrette Dressing: (Makes about 3/4 cup dressing)
1/2 c. plus 1 T. olive oil,
3 TBSP plus it. white wine vinegar,
1/4 tsp. salt,
freshly ground pepper.
Whisk oil, vinegar,salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Set aside.
1. Make Vinaigrette dressing.
2. Steam broccoli over boiling water, covered, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Steam
zucchini until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Steam asparagus until crisp-tender, about 5
minutes. Sprinkle green beans with oregano and steam until beans are crisp.tender,
about 8 minutes. SprInkle peas with thyme; steam only 3 minutes. Drain all vegetables;
place in large bowl.
3. Heat 1 T. oil in large skillet; reduce heat to medium. Add mushrooms, chili red
peppers (crushed), and add 1/4 c. parsley; saute, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add
4. Heat 3 T. oil In same skillet; reduce to medium heat. Add remaining garlic; saute 1
minute. Add tomatoes; cook, stirring gently for 5 minutes. Stir in basil. Remove from
heat; set aside.
5. Heat 2 T. oil in clean, large skillet over med-high heat. Turn to medium. Add all
vegetables from bowl; saute, stirring about 2 minutes. Transfer to large serving bowl.
6. Heat large pan of boiling, salted water to boiling. Cook linguine to Al dente (30
seconds for fresh pasta) (for dried paste, cook according to box directions). Drain in
colander; rinse under cold water. Drain.
7. Pour vinaigrette dressing over vegetables in bowl; toss to coat well. Let vegetables
marinate 5 minutes, at room temperature. Add tomato mixture, linguine, grated cheese,
and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to mix well. Garnish with pine nuts and 2 T. parsley.
Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate, covered, until cold.