Yield: 6 Servings
3 T olive oil
2 c white arborio (or pearl
2 c red onions,Chopped
1 c red bell pepper,Chopped
1 T garlic,Minced
1 c dry white wine
1 qt fat-skimmed chicken broth
2 marinated artichokes,(6 oz.
1/4 c parsley,Chopped
1 c shelled,(1/2 lb.) cooked
1/2 c pitted,chopped oil-cured
1. In an ovenproof 14-inch-wide, 2- to 3-inch-deep frying pan (or 5-
to 6-quart pan) over medium heat, frequently stir oil and rice until
rice is opaque, about 5 minutes.
2. Add onions, bell pepper, and garlic; stir often until onions are
limp, 5 to 8 minutes.
3. Add wine, broth, and artichokes with marinade. Bring to a boil over
high heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Cover tightly with lid or foil and bake in a 350 [degrees] oven
until liquid is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Stir in parsley. Arrange crab and olives on risotto. Season to taste
Farrar is relatively new to cooking, and Sunset’s cook-off was her
first recipe contest. Nonetheless, she was a finalist in two ingredient
categories, artichokes and chilies. Judges liked the juxtaposition of
flavors in Farrar’s paella: tangy marinated artichokes, sweet crab, and
PREP AND COOK TIME: About 50 minutes