1 pound firm white fish
1 cup heavy cream
1¼ pounds cauliflower
7 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
2 ounces butter
1 large carrot, sliced
2 ounces spinach, washed
1 tsp. dill
1 tsp. parsley
1 fish broth cube
1 tsp. pepper
½ cup boiling water
Pinch of salt
Olive oil to cook
1. Heat some oil in a skillet and fry the fish fillets until cooked.
2. Cool and flake removing any bones and skin. Set aside.
3. Steam the cauliflower and carrot until soft.
4. While the vegetables are steaming, place the flaked fish in a large
sauce pan together with the cream, spinach and herbs which have
been finely chopped.
5. Add the stock cube which has been dissolved in the boiling water
and the pepper.
6. Cook over a low heat until the spinach has wilted – do not boil.
7. When the vegetables are cooked, remove them from the steamer.
8. Set the cauliflower aside and dice the carrots.
9. Mix the carrots into the fish mixture.
10. Blend the cauliflower until smooth and then add half of the cheese
and a pinch of salt.
11. Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
12. Grease a casserole dish with some butter.
13. Put the pie filling into the dish and top with the cauliflower mash.
14. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes until the cauliflower starts
15. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and broil until the cheese is
bubbly and golden brown.
16. Serve hot.
Nutritional Facts per portion:
Calories 553, Fat 48.3g, Carbohydrate
13.1g, Dietary Fiber 4.5g, Net Carbs 8.6g, Protein 16.6g.