2 pints beef broth
4 ounces fresh parsley
4 ounces sorrel leaves
3½ ounces crème fraîche
1 large egg, yolk only
¼ cup olive oil
1. Wash the parsley and the sorrel under plenty of cold water, drain.
2. Cut the sorrel into long strips and roughly chop the parsley.
3. Put the broth into a large saucepan and bring to a boil over a
4. Add the sorrel and parsley and simmer together for a few minutes.
Remove from the heat and set aside.
5. Strain about 1½ cups of liquid off the soup and place in a small
pan. Allow to cool.
6. Mix the egg yolk with the crème fraîche in a small bowl. Beat in
7. Add this to the separated soup liquid by whisking it in carefully.
You do not want the egg to cook.
8. Add this creamy mixture back into the main soup pot and serve
9. If cooled do not reheat.
Nutritional Facts per portion:
Calories 266, Fat 25.4g, Carbohydrate
2.8g, Dietary Fiber 0.9g, Net Carbs 1.9g, Protein 7.8g.